Our client in Mentor, OH, is a leading provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services. They are searching for Packagers to join their team. The Packager will assemble and package products in a fast-paced production line environment, using automated and manual equipment, while maintaining quality and safety standards.
Hours: M-Th: 6:00am-3:30pm
- Employees will operate various packing and filling stations according to quality and safety standards and production needs. Duties include the following:
- Placing product in packaging
- Labeling boxes
- Visually inspecting product including lids, seals, lot codes, expiration dates etc. and finished product
- Ensure safe operation at all times by wearing proper PPE, reporting or correcting safety concerns, and recommending changes or improvements.
- Identifies need for on equipment maintenance, and completes work request for the maintenance department.
- Reject non-conforming material using proper procedures
- Operate electric/manual pallet lift, and restock materials as needed
- Pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Pays attention to processes or steps leading to the accomplishment of results, and looks for ways to improve quality, safety, efficiency and/or effectiveness
- Effectively copes with change, and changing priorities, staying focused on achieving key priorities related to safety, quality and delivery/customer needs
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team environment to achieve individual and team goals and overall deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience working in an assembly, production or relevant fast paced environment.
- Material handling experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand instructions, diagrams and quality check sheets.
- Ability to interpret and follow written procedures to ensure product and packaging meets required specifications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Detail oriented with ability to identify items against specifications
- Must be able to run electric/manual pallet lift, and restock materials