Find the right opportunity for you.
Pilot Plant Operator
Cleveland, OH 44141 US
1st Shift (6:30AM-6:30PM) Monday-Thursday
(Occasional overtime on Friday/Saturday with reasonable notice)
$70,000/year+ depending upon experience.
- Conduct experiments according to defined operating procedures including operation of Henschel mixers, 2-roll mill, pipe extrusion, pipe fitting injection molding, and compression molding machines.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and work closely with scientists, engineers, and business partners to resolve issues or problems, and appropriately elevate situations to scientists, engineers, manager and/or business partners when necessary.
- Articulate and communicate lab results to scientists, manager, and business partners with timely status updates.
- Assemble, prepare, and maintain extrusion, injection molding, and other test equipment.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on equipment, as defined in SOPs; elevate and collaborate with appropriate partners to resolve deficiencies.
- Document test data in Excel and Lubrizol’s internal software.
- Highschool Diploma or GED.
- At least one year of experience in a R&D lab, manufacturing, or similar industrial/academic setting.
- Observational and recordkeeping skills to track conditions, procedures, deviates, and results of experiments.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate not only the results of experiments but also the procedures used to obtain them as well as identify root causes of any problems.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Able to repeatedly lift 55 pounds.
- Be available for occasional off-hours/weekend work.
Considered a plus:
- Degree or professional certification in polymer science/processing or another science-related field.
- Experience in plastic or rubber manufacturing and/or testing.
- Working knowledge of plastics extrusion and/or injection molding.
- Forklift driving experience.
- Lock Out Tag Out experience.
- Emergency Response experience.
- Familiarity with Lubrizol products, intermediates, and raw materials.
Meet Your Recruiter
When you need someone who is going to go above and beyond to find you a candidate, Ben is your guy. Ben is a systematic and relentless Sourcing Specialist at our Vector Solon Branch. He works tirelessly to help those in need of a new position by getting the process started and connecting candidates with a recruiter.
Before coming to Vector, Ben was very successful as a server/bartender at a local restaurant. He still enjoys using the tricks of his trade with that and makes his loved one’s food and drinks on a regular basis. Furthermore, Ben loves to relish the time he has making music and play video games. He also loves to roll around on his skateboard and just be outside.