Plastic Extrusion Tooling/Die Development Engineer
Our client in Chardon, OH is a growing company with a dedicated workforce looking to fill a permanent position of Plastic Extrusion Tooling/Die Development Engineer within their team.
Direct Hire position
- Designing new thermoplastic extrusion tooling for single screw extrusion machines utilizing vacuum sizing techniques.
- Designing new co-extrusion tooling for multiple single screw extrusion machines.
- Must be familiar with Rigid PVC, Flexible PVC, ABS, ASA, HDPE, LDPE, PP, TPRs/TPOs, PC and other engineered resins.
- Trouble shooting existing tooling and secondary downstream equipment, including electrical and general mechanical skills.
- Must have the ability to modify or alter existing and new tooling utilizing die grinders, milling machines and lathes.
- CAD design proficiency is preferred.
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally with customer.
- Typical work week is M-F but some flexibility is required for weekend work.
- Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of extrusion tooling development experience.
- A degree is preferred but experience and ability to perform are of greater importance.