Our client in Winchester, VA is a superior designer, developer and manufacturer of plastic packaging solutions. They are currently seeking an experienced Process Technician for their successful operation!
Monitor the production process of multiple injection molding machines and operate molding equipment. Starts up and shuts down machinery, changes molds, trouble shoots the injection molding processes as necessary to meet quality requirements. Provide leadership for production crew.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility to safety, quality and hygiene standards and procedures
- Re-configure and set-up of complete injection molding machines, incl. peripherals
- Evaluate the quality of articles from newly set-up machines
- Check over production data using the work papers
- Record production data
- Production process monitoring
- Start up and shut down machines and equipment as necessary for production.
- Perform housekeeping responsibilities as necessary; daily, weekly, monthly maintenance
- Follow mold change procedures.
- Follow first shot quality procedure/Check start up quality
- Report any unsafe conditions
- Perform mold changes, color changes, and job changes in a proficient manner.
- Trouble-shoot injection molding processes as necessary to meet quality requirements. Work with/relieve assembly line operators as needed to meet production requirements.
- Respond to reported machine/molded part problems.
- Trouble shoots minor hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic problems.
- Must have excellent attendance
- Prior mold set-up experience is required
- Must be able to competently operate production and mold set-up equipment
- Must be responsible, self-motivated and function well in a team environment
- Must be able to make decisions with minimal supervision
- Must be mechanically inclined, and able to discern mold problems from machine or process problems
- Must be safety and quality conscious at all times
- Flexible work schedule with a willingness to work overtime
- Willing to take a “Hands On” approach during mold changes and other jobs
- Must be familiar with the operation of injection molding machines, molds and robots
- Must have good communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of proper trouble shooting, start-up and shutdown procedures in an injection molding operation
- This job title has supervisory responsibilities
- Train new employees as needed
Education and /or Experience
- Education in plastics molding, or years of experience in injection molding
- High level of product knowledge, including quality requirements
- High level of technical knowledge