Process Technician Mold Setter
Twinsburg, OH 44087 US
Shifts: 6:45a-7p or 6:45p-7a
The Process Technician I (Mold Setter) performs all the mold set-up functions for production’s needs within the department. This would include but not be limited to: setting molds in plastic injection molding machines with all related connections and hook-ups, processing set-ups, testing dials and controls, performing general service duties and custodial/clean-up on equipment and for the department as necessary. Troubleshoots problems with mold operations, performs minor mold maintenance/repair, assists Process Technician with machine and equipment related problems.
• Cleans mold mounting surfaces before setting mold
• Removes and installs molds in the injection molding machines
• Lines up mold and sprue bushing in preparation of mounting the mold in the press
• Transports mold to and from press using a forklift or crane
• Utilizes hazardous energy control procedures – lockout tagout
• Performs all auxiliary set up duties, all connections, hooks up with water lines, air lines, thermolators, hoses, and hydraulic lines, cores, knock out plates and IMCs
• Starts production, processes set ups, adjusts press, and performs start ups on presses as directed;
• Troubleshoots and handles problems with molds and presses;
• Assists Process Technician with machine and equipment problems, cleans and lubricates mold surfaces before & after production;
• Fills in for Process Technician as directed pertaining to machine scheduling and shift production;
• Updates process documentation, work instructions as required
• Performs general service activities when needed;
• Repairs molds as directed, disassembles molds following all safety precautions & overhead hoist safely;
• Communicates specific job requirements to following shift personnel.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ATTITUDES:
• High school education or higher
• Ability to read and write. Must be able to follow verbal as well as written instructions and measure accurately.
• At least 2 years' experience in the set-up of molds on plastic injection machines or experience equivalent and driving a forklift.
• Must have a current valid Driver’s License.
• Perform duties with moderate supervision, makes some independent judgments when setting/removing molds. Also, utilize independent judgment when assisting or filling in for process technician, taking inventory.
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development & Account Management
My name is Elaina Muenster, and I joined Vector Technical in November, 2017. Working in Business Development and Account Management, I am responsible for obtaining and maintaining new business, sourcing, attracting, and placing job candidates for open positions. My goal is to always meet clients' needs by finding candidates who match organizations' culture and open job positions. I develop strong organizational and communication skills working in the full cycle of the recruiting process, including industry research, cold calling, scheduling, networking, and developing and maintaining strong working relationships with candidates, client companies, hiring managers and human resource staff. I also lead, mentor, coach and train the recruiting team to ensure that open positions receive adequate coverage to meet our clients' needs.
I absolutely love the personal and interpersonal aspects of keeping in touch with individuals throughout the recruiting process. Helping and learning a person’s preferences, both personally and professionally, over time helps me assist them in finding the jobs which make the most sense for them.
I graduated from The University of Akron in 2010 with a Bachelor’s degree in mass communication with a concentration on radio and TV. Prior to joining Vector Technical Inc., I spent time working as a radio personality/intern for Q104’s morning show, Fee’s Kompany in the Morning. From there, I spent a season working as an in-arena host for the Lake Erie Monsters (Cleveland Hockey Team). In 2013, I had the opportunity to work for WHNT News 19 in Huntsville, Alabama (Fox 8 Sister Station) as an interactive content reporter/producer.
Outside the office, I enjoy cooking, traveling, running, photography, crafting, concerts, and spending time with my family and friends.