Willoughby, OH 44094 US
Salary is dependent upon experience
Reporting to the President, the Production Manager is responsible for product manufacturing, shipping/receiving/logistics, and building & machine maintenance for a single manufacturing site. The Production Manager also has ISO responsibilities and is involved in hazardous waste disposal, coordinating employee training, and serving as back-up support for the purchasing and inventory functions.
• Develops production schedules to meet sales commitments considering equipment and staffing availability, and shipping constraints.
• Is responsible for inbound and outbound shipments of raw materials and finished product. Also manages warehousing function and internal movement of materials and products.
• Manages plant personnel to include hiring, training, evaluating, developing, and resolving issues. Ensures that employees work safely and produce the highest quality products for our customers.
• Prepares and maintains production reports and personnel records.
• Interacts with all company staff to coordinate operations and activities within and between departments and serves as a member of the management team.
• High School diploma/GED. College coursework, technical training and/or continuing education are pluses.
• 8 years experience in manufacturing supervision/management. Prior experience with batch manufacturing strongly preferred. Experience with paint, chemical or similar manufacturing a plus. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
• Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong problem solving and root cause analysis abilities
• Demonstrated ability in planning, resource allocation, and evaluation of methods. Efficient and cost-effective use of resources.
• Excellent organization and scheduling skills with the ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing demands. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to a variety of people (i.e. customers, public groups, and management).
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Prior experience with computerized ERP, inventory control, batch, and reporting systems.
• Mechanical aptitude and math aptitude (U.S. and metric measures and conversions)
• Willingness and ability to travel to customer locations as needed. Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured through the company’s insurer.
• Candidates must be able to pass a color test, occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, wear a fitted respirator and dust mask, and tolerate solvent odors and other chemicals used within the facility.
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.