Find the right opportunity for you.
Production Material Planner
Euclid, OH 44117 US
$60k - $70k/yr., plus bonus potential
The Production Materials Planner/Scheduler manages the manufacturing resource planning systems and the production scheduling process to align inventory levels with demand planning. This position is responsible for the scheduling and timeliness of the production process to ensure the company meets all deadlines, including open orders and made-to-stock requirements. Duties include managing material and equipment availability, scheduling production, maintaining MRP systems and related databases, and monitoring the production process for inefficiencies and recommending improvements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating production of the company’s manufactured products with an emphasis on advanced planning.
- Evaluating raw materials and equipment to ensure resources are in place for production to run all shifts. Communicates with Plant Management to verify that materials and resources, including staffing levels, are adequate to meet production demands.
- Provides an interface with Production Management, Supply Chain, Quality, Customer Service, and other departments. Promptly communicates production changes with all stakeholders.
- Partners with Purchasing staff to ensure materials needed to meet production are available.
- Monitoring and evaluating costs to ensure the production process stays within budget.
- Assisting production with scheduling and working around disruptions and productivity problems with team including assisting with root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action.
- Researching, evaluating, and presenting ways to improve productivity, increase output per labor unit, and reduce costs by properly planning production.
- Provide clear and concise communication on daily production calls including asset management, inventory updates, and unplanned changes affecting schedule.
- Collaborate with other departments and the management team to set production goals considering any supply chain related constraints.
- Manage and maintain the Access database.
- Report invalid data entries and suggest corrective actions.
- 4+ years in Production Planning, with proficiency in using ERP systems.
- Knowledge of production/manufacturing processes and quality control
- Strong analytical and math skills required.
- Exceptional Excel skills (including pivot tables, linking of data/files, etc.)
- Strong analytical, data acquisition, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of employees.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills. Deadline driven.
- Coaching skills with the ability to motivate employees and gain stakeholder buy-in.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Technical skills using material requirements planning and scheduling software.
- Sage 50/100 experience
Bachelor’s Degree in business or analytical-related field or equivalent work experience that includes 5+ years in manufacturing or production planning.
ASCM Certification CPIM
Meet Your Recruiter
When you need someone who is going to go above and beyond to find you a candidate, Ben is your guy. Ben is a systematic and relentless Sourcing Specialist at our Vector Solon Branch. He works tirelessly to help those in need of a new position by getting the process started and connecting candidates with a recruiter.
Before coming to Vector, Ben was very successful as a server/bartender at a local restaurant. He still enjoys using the tricks of his trade with that and makes his loved one’s food and drinks on a regular basis. Furthermore, Ben loves to relish the time he has making music and play video games. He also loves to roll around on his skateboard and just be outside.