Solon, OH 44139
Our client is seeking a QA Assistant for a DIRECT HIRE opportunity at their Solon, Ohio facility!
Supports the QA Supervisor in maintaining and improving the basic functions of the Quality Management Systems.
• Responsible for document management system and document changes as part of the Quality Management System; including drafting, routing for approvals, distributing current revisions, recording document change training, following up on past due items.
• Responsible for facilitating monthly gauge calibrations; including distributing lists of gauges due, communicating with calibration contractor and internal personnel, reporting gauge issues, issuing new gauges, and updating gauge records in gauge tracking system
• Proposes and facilitates improvements to QMS utilizing continuous improvement tools.
• Facilitates changes to records in ERP system
• Assists in facilitation of tasks related to corrective action system, including following up on tasks with task owners, facilitating follow up meetings, entering data into CAPA system
• Assists with administration of Item Review Board process
• Completes quality checks deemed necessary as a result of quality issues or initiatives, including auditing of finished goods for quality parameters and quality checks during the production process
• Manages storage of quality system records (paper and electronic)
• Ensure that Process Document Changes (PDCs) are completed correctly and in a timely manner
• Ensure that gauge calibrations are completed and information logged correctly and in a timely manner
• Ensure that quality records are maintained and stored correctly according to quality procedures
• Support QA Supervisor in managing the Quality Management System
• Minimum Associates degree or 2 years applied experience preferred
• Fluent in use of Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Quality software/ERP systems a plus
• Excellent visual acuity and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Quality Assurance experience or training a plus