Quality Assurance Manager
Our client in Euclid, OH, engineers and manufactures high quality flexible metal hose and expansion joint solutions for a wide range of OEM industries. They are searching for the right individual to fill the position of Quality Assurance Manager. Quality and Service are their ideals, and their ISO 9001 registered quality system is critical to their success. The Quality Assurance Manager is tasked with maintaining and continually improving this important and dynamic program.
$70k-$110k Plus Bonus
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure continued compliance of the company’s quality management system (QMS) to ISO 9001:2015
- Ensure that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented, and maintained
- Report to the Quality Management Team (QMT) on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement
- Ensure the promotion and awareness of our QMS throughout the organization.
- Work with the Customer Advocate to ensure that all customer disappointments are addressed appropriately given the severity of the problems and the impact to our customers
The following specific actions related to ISO 9001 are required:
- Plan and direct activities associated with the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality standards, processes, and work instructions.
- Maintain a document control system to approve, review and update all changes to critical documents within the scope of the QMS.
- Ensure that records are established and maintained to provide evidence that the QMS is being followed and that there is a system in place for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time, and disposition of such records.
- Review the performance of the QMS at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness. Identify opportunities for improvement and the need for changes to the QMS; report these findings to the QMT.
- Work with senior management to establish Quality Objectives for the QMS. Establish metrics which provide objective evidence on the organization’s performance. Compile data and report results to the QMT.
- Conduct QMS orientation for all new employees. Develop and conduct QMS refresher training as required.
- Oversee employee training program, including the development of job-specific training guidelines and evaluation criteria, assessment and approval of trainers, and documentation of training and approval activities.
- Ensure that the organization undertakes periodic assessments of customer satisfaction and consequent improvements are identified and implemented.
- Review the results of internal and external audits. Ensure that appropriate action is taken when it is determined that the QMS does not conform to planned arrangements.
- Coordinate continual improvements of the QMS, ensuring that evidence of corrective and preventive actions taken are recorded and reviewed.
The Quality Assurance Manager supervises our Quality Auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree; technical or engineering discipline preferred.
- 5+ years quality assurance experience within a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years maintaining an ISO 9001 Quality System
- Previous experience with root cause analysis, corrective action and PPAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Visio
- Strong analytical skills; proficiency in data collection, analysis and presentation
- Cooperative spirit; ability to lead and work with teams of disparate individuals