Quality Assurance Manager
Our client, located in Willoughby, Ohio has an opening for a Quality Assurance Manager. They are the premier producer of cast nylon products in North America.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product
- Formulates and maintains quality objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Provides monthly report on Key Quality Measurable.
- Responsible to take appropriate action and to effectively communicate where necessary any observations which may impact the ability to manufacture a quality product.
- Initiate action to assist in preventing the occurrence of any Non-conformance related to the product, process, and quality system.
- Achieves quality assurance by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, and implementing production quality checks.
- Achieves product quality assurance by identifying critical control points and preventive measures in conjunction with manufacturing and assembly and works to develop processes for verification of both incoming and outgoing product against purchase order requirements.
- Identifies and analyzes improvement opportunities to the management team. Identifies KPIs to help the organization measure the cost of poor quality and the impact of quality improvements.
- Responsible for the overall operation and control of quality inspection throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with other members of management to test new product and engineering designs, as well as manufacturing and training methods.
- Lead, direct, and review the following positions: Quality Engineers, Quality Inspectors.
- Makes recommendations and suggestions that promote continuous improvement.
- Carries out functions described in Policies, Procedures and Quality Manuals.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role in a Manufacturing setting
- Ability to use sound judgment regarding safety.
- A high level of professionalism and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to promote a team environment.
- Technical degree, Engineering degree preferred
- Ability to perform advanced math calculations and to read measuring tools.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use MS Office programs such as Word and Excel, and ERP systems.
- Blue print reading
- Previous experience with an ISO style quality control system
Excellent Compensation package including company-wide incentive program, Medical, Rx, Dental, STD, LTD, FSA, Life, 401-K, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement