Our client located in Eastlake, OH specializes in close tolerance CNC machining of all types of Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium, Aluminum, Steel and Brass in complex configurations.
They are in need of an experienced Quality Engineer to join their operation!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works within the quality system in compliance with ISO 9001, AS9100D and other quality/industry standards.
- Ensure compliance with aerospace and governmental regulations and requirements including all certifications and product conformity preparations. Review, interpret and execute all regulation and specifications required by customers and regulatory agencies. Coordinates with customers on Source Inspections, FAIs, Gov’t Source Inspectors, etc.
- Interfaces with regulatory and certification registration personnel.
- Works within the Quality Dept on daily priorities, productivity improvements and ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Assists Engineering to ensure products meet the company’s quality standards.
- Continuous quality-related technical support to engineering, manufacturing, and procurement.
- Interface with customers and suppliers to investigate and resolve quality issues.
- Assist with audits and partake in programs including training.
- Key person in the company’s continuous improvement program.
- Work with Procurement to evaluate suppliers to ensure quality standards, including audits
- Provides reports for quality metrics, product failures, and other initiatives.
- Utilize quality tools and inspection processes on the sop floor to ensure process control.
- Other duties as assigned.
Performance Metrics and Expectations:
- Reduction of waste, including scrap and rework
- Reduction of quality ‘escapes’
- Maintaining top tier status on customer scorecards
- Improve First-Pass Yield
- Excellent problem solving skills, highly analytical, uses fact-based problem solving methods
- Competitive; takes ownership and has a passion of ‘doing it’ better than the competition.
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, leads by example…attention to detail.
- Hands-on approach with a strong sense of urgency…’get the job done’ approach
- Champion of lean methods
- Respect for others, high integrity, operates effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with strong organizational skills
- Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
- Innovative and creative…applies new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization ad participate on multi-functional teams.
- GD&T knowledge and CMM experience essential.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance role, with oversight of personnel.
- Minimum of 5 years’ quality-related experience in the aerospace industry preferably with machined components, products, and assembly
- Extensive experience with AS9100/ISO 9001 certified quality systems
- Formal problem solving experience