Quality Engineer Manager
Parma, OH 44130 US
1st Shift (we are open 6am-6pm so we can be a little flexible on start time)
Directly supervises all Quality functions. Plans, coordinates, and directs quality program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through co-workers. Reports to the CEO.
• Owner of product quality.
• Responsible to executive management for the full implementation, efficient operation, and management of the quality system in accordance with the current ISO standards
• Interfaces with sales, customer service, manufacturing, customers, and suppliers to interpret requirements and coordinate and resolve quality-related problems.
• Create/revise and control production and quality documents such as engineering drawings, engineering change notices, inspection sheets, packaging instructions, manufacturing instructions, purchasing instructions etc.
• Conducts required inspection types at appropriate intervals to include 1st Piece, In-process, In-process Visual & Last Piece to ensure Quality Inspection plans are followed.
• Evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment, measurement, and analytical equipment.
• Maintain calibration schedule of measurement tools and devices.
• Track customer field failures, return rates, and production rejects.
• Responsible for corrective and preventative action documentation.
• Maintain final authority over production quality related matters.
• Train others in quality methodologies (control charts, capability studies, problem solving, kaizen, etc.)
• Required to use precision gages (i.e.-calipers, micrometers, indicators, comparators etc.), using proper techniques, to measure manufactured parts and raw materials.
• Interact effectively, professionally, and in a timely manner with customers and suppliers by developing and maintaining relationships with counterparts governing all aspects of quality and customer service.
• Conducts training of personnel as needed regarding QC processes, policies, and standards.
• Facilitate and conduct Management Review Meeting(s) (MRM), on a bi-annual basis in accordance
• Conduct project management for the (APQP) Advanced Product Quality Planning.
• Reviews and revises the Quality Policy Manual as needed.
• Participate in quoting/estimating.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and five to ten years’ experience in quality.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, technical journal, publications, and procedure manuals.
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office suite, and the ability to learn, comprehend and train others on new software applications.
- Ability to create and present data in a variety of formats such as charts, graphs, tables and written reports and correspondence.
- GD&T knowledge
- Excellent mathematical and mathematical concepts skill with fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions probability, statistical inference, trigonometry, and the ability to apply these skills to practical situations.
- Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.