Ashtabula, OH 44004
Our client in Ashtabula, OH, is a design manufacturer and technical service provider with decades of experience in the rubber industry.
The Quality Manager is responsible for building and managing an effective quality for all shifts. QM is responsible to meet customer requirements and quality standards that include ISO 9001 conformance and applicable sections of IATF 16949. This working manager position is a direct report to the VP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Top authority to release or reject final product.
- Establishes and directs final or in-process inspection as required to ensure product quality meets all requirements.
- Act as senior level technical advisor on quality system related issues.
- Supervises Quality following established procedures, policies and processes.
- Ensures positive employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Enforces policies.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Leads company problem solving and continual improvement efforts.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Problem solving and root cause analysis proficiency
- Statistical analysis, GD & T, Gage R & R, PPAP and PFMEA experience are required.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 required: 14001 and 16949 desired.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong PC proficiency; experience with an ERP system.
- High ethical standards, tact and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare written reports and presentations to senior leadership and customers as required.
Education and Experience:
- Engineering or Business Bachelor’ s degree is strongly preferred
- 5 years of quality system management experience in a manufacturing environment or 10 years as a Quality Engineer.
- CQE or CQM preferred; internal auditing is required.