Our client, an electronics contract manufacturing company in Mentor, OH, is in need of SMT Operators. The SMT Operator assembles printed circuit boards utilizing Surface Mount Technology.
- Responsible for carrying out the duties listed below in a proficient, orderly and safe manner, while maintaining a positive attitude and solid attendance record.
- Operate SMT pick-and-place machines
- Hand place SMT components and hand paste PCBs
- Operate screen printing equipment; including setup and tear down per established procedures.
- Reliably produce quality workmanship consistent with IPC or equivalent standards
- Pass IPC certification for CIS
- Able to follow written instructions and provide feedback as to how to improve those instructions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned within the qualifications and training received.
- High-School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year electronic manufacturing experience preferred
- Must possess good attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to detect quality defects to prevent further recurrence.
- Basic knowledge of Windows based computers, MS Word and Excel
- IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001 certification preferred