Find the right opportunity for you.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Painesville, OH 44077 US
Our client in Painesville, OH is a manufacturer of highly engineered mechanical components for the aerospace industry, looking for the right person to fill the position of Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
This salary will depend on the level of experience
The Manufacturing Engineer supports the company by designing and developing the manufacturing process to produce precision machined components. Duties include writing the step-by-step part processing plan, developing tooling/fixturing to hold the part during assembly/ testing/machining, setting quality and cost standards, and lean process improvements.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Develop and improve manufacturing methods utilizing basic engineering principles in product design, assembly techniques, and quality controls.
* Testing of assembled components to quantities and specifications per print.
* Evaluate work cell layouts to improve manpower utilization, workflow, and floor space utilizing Lean techniques.
* Identify and eliminate manufacturing waste found throughout all stages of manufacturing.
* Analyze manufacturing issues to validate, establish, and execute projects with the largest positive potential impact.
* Develop job aids that include tooling, fixtures, metrology, and visuals by working with internal resources as well as external vendors.
* Assure product and process quality by designing measuring methods, establishing standards, and validating manufacturing processes.
* Develop complete and accurate documentation of existing manufacturing processes as well as new product introductions.
* Embrace and follow the standard work practices developed for manufacturing engineering.
* Apply Basic Engineering Principles.
* Interface regularly with the manager and manufacturing engineers to assure clear and concise communication in a leadership role.
* Lead the design for manufacturability process, prepares process FMEAs, root cause analyses, plans facility, equipment, and resource changes and initial product builds, and ensure that Manufacturing deliverables to Development Project Plans are completed and on time.
* Duties include researching state-of-the-art equipment, automation techniques, testing systems, etc. for efficiency and planning factory layouts to optimize production
* Participate in the investigation and response to internal improvement requests.
* Complies with and conducts business in accordance with all government and applicable laws and regulations.
* Promotes ethical behavior and acts with honesty and integrity.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as required and assigned.
Education & Experience Requirement
Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic environment. The required qualifications are as follows:
* Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
* Five to ten years of manufacturing engineering experience
Preferred Skills & Abilities
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Access)
* Working knowledge of SolidWorks, or similar software.
* GD&T desired
Attractive Benefits including:
- Life Insurance
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.