Shader Color Matcher
Willoughby, OH 44094 US
1st shift 7:00a-3:30p Mon-Friday
$20/hr. - exceptionally qualified candidates may be eligible for more
Works in the laboratory and production areas and is responsible for making small lab batches, color shading of production batches, and QC lab testing of paint properties and other mechanical tests.
- Responsible for the preparation and spray application of panels.
- Tints and adjusts batches as necessary to meet product and customer standards.
- Supports technicians/chemists in making lab batches and performing required tests as needed.
- Operates laboratory equipment
- Documents all pertinent test results and batch data
- Produces products by gathering, weighing, mixing and/or grinding raw materials using pumps, lines, valves, tanks, sand mills, filters and measuring devices.
- Performs daily housekeeping of QC laboratory and associated areas, functions within safety guidelines, and conforms to QC standards.
- Minimum one year quality control or equivalent experience in paint or chemical laboratory. Prior color shading experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with a variety of QC/Lab tests: viscosity, density, fineness of grind, pH, percent non-volatiles, film thickness, gloss, color, and appearance.
- Working knowledge of lab equipment, including color spectrophotometer.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and prior experience with formulation/processing software, color analysis and matching programs, or willingness and ability to learn.
- Exceptional mathematical, documentation and organizational skills.
- May also include some computer entry
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.