Bedford Heights, OH
Our client, a successful steel company, is in search of a Slitter Operator.
Openings in both Bedford Hts., OH and Houston, TX!
Operate slitting line and produce materials to company and/or customer specifications while meeting quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate slitting line including proper set-up of arbors, over-arm, etc. and input coil length and piece counts information into ERP system for data management.
- Maintain all aspects of product quality including selection and appearance of material, dimensional tolerance, weight, piece count and app pre-process, in-process and post process inspections.
- Prepare inspection records and report production data.
- Assist with handling quality issues.
- Communicate with other areas on changes to scheduling, processing, etc.
- Report machine malfunctions and assist the maintenance area with non-routine or major repairs, as needed.
- Operate lift truck, packaging equipment and all warehouse equipment in a safe and reliable manner.
- Report all equipment failures to immediate supervisor and assist the maintenance area with non-routine or major repairs, as needed.
- Maintain a safe and healthful work environment by practicing safe work habits, good housekeeping procedures and adhering to safety guidelines.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work and accordance with Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, etc.
- Assist in other areas on as needed basis.
- Other job related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of slitting operation exposure.Intermediate level math, mechanical and computer skills.Plan and prioritize workload.Maintain neat and orderly conditions in work are and help maintain and promote safe conditions throughout the facility.
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Communicate with management and co-workers in an effective manner.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow processes and procedures.
- Accurately use precision measurement equipment such as calipers, tape measure, micrometers, etc.
- Experience working in a Steel Service Center.
- Basic computer skills such as data entry and retrieval.
- 3 years of slitting operation experience.