Territory Sales Manager
Our client, a paper packaging company in Painesville OH, is in search of a Territory Sales Manager in the Seatle, WA area!
This position is responsible for the sale of the organization's products in a specified region or major geographical area. Provides ongoing support to product distribution channel.
The Territory Sales Manager position offers an attractive base salary and bonus program, a company vehicle, gas card, a generous benefits package and the flexibility to work out of your home.
$65k-$85k/yr., depending on experience - plus bonus
Must have a valid US Passport for Canadian travel
- 40% Assists resellers with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- 40% Becomes actively involved in a new resellers sales orientation and sales training programs. Ads as a resource to resellers in contract opportunities, proposals and proformas. Assist resellers with contract negotiations, closing the sale and developing marketing plans for contract accounts.
- 10% Assists with the planning of sales exhibits. Attends trade shows. Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs. Coordinates and assists in leading sales meetings to include site selection and agenda preparation.
- 10% Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers. Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining resellers and assisting resellers in attaining new accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided. Answers questions from resellers and handles complaints.
Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Five plus years of sales experience.
- Three years of field sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Hands-on knowledge of association’s needs and capabilities.
- Excellent formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Experience managing large territories and diverse product offerings.
- Coaching/mentoring experience with less senior sales staff.
- A demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of new technology trends, association needs and possible application to real world projects.
- Ability to lift 50 – 80 pounds.
- Demonstrate ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale.
- Meet established sales quotas and revenue goals.