Tool Maker and Manual Machinist
Parma, OH 44130 US
1st Shift with a flexible start time
$25-$30/hr., depending upon experience.
Production of 1- 6 inch small product in short runs per Client specifics. Analyze specifications/blueprints, lay out tool steels, set up and operate manual machines to fabricate, fit and assemble parts/cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gages, and machinists' hand tools. Will require running multiple projects at the same time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts
• Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations
• Measures, marks, and scribes tool steels for machining
• Sets up and operates manual machines such as lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, O.D grinders, turning center and vertical mills
• Verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications
• Lifts machined parts, positions, and secures parts on surface plate or worktable
• Fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms
• Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearance
• Assist other areas of production as needed
• Minimum of three years’ experience preferred
• Use of eye loop and measurement tools
• Proficient in shop math
• Experience with Tool & Die preferred
• Experience with metalworking tools including drills, milling machines, grinders, and lathes
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.