Streetsboro, OH 44241 US
Vector's partner is a market leading, highly experienced plate cutting and processing manufacturing company, seeking an experienced Warehouse Clerk to ensure continuous movement of product in the shop. Starting with unloading and receiving of the plate when it is delivered, loading the burn tables for the burn operators, removing drops for inventory and scrap pieces to be cut and placed in bins, preparing skids for shipment, to the loading of delivery trucks.
1st Shift: 5am-3pm
- Safely transport plates of various sizes around the shop
- Properly mark and color code inventory
- Place inventory into its proper place
- Keep burn tables full of plate/drops for burn operators to process
- Daily inspection of the cranes prior to using and report any concerns immediately to your supervisor.
- Select the material that meets the requirements of the orders to be burned.
- Ensure the correct thickness, grade and country of origin for the order (this may also include UT requirements or material that has been preapproved by the customer.)
- Unload the burn tables as necessary.
- Prepare scrap and place in the roll-offs or luggers for removal.
- Load and unload all trucks as needed.
- Receive and log in stock plates at the time of delivery by measuring all dimensions of the plate, verify the heat number and match with the driver’s paperwork. Mark all plates with the plat number, thickness, width, length, and paint each outside corner with the corresponding color for the grade of the material.
- High School Diploma
- The ability to problem solve and deal with change in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills for developing good working relationship with fellow employees and service personnel
- Must be able to read tape measurer, know simple math, including decimals and fraction
- Overhead crane experience is preferred
- Proper use of a hand torch
- Lift truck operator
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development & Account Management
My name is Elaina Muenster, and I joined Vector Technical in November, 2017. Working in Business Development and Account Management, I am responsible for obtaining and maintaining new business, sourcing, attracting, and placing job candidates for open positions. My goal is to always meet clients' needs by finding candidates who match organizations' culture and open job positions. I develop strong organizational and communication skills working in the full cycle of the recruiting process, including industry research, cold calling, scheduling, networking, and developing and maintaining strong working relationships with candidates, client companies, hiring managers and human resource staff. I also lead, mentor, coach and train the recruiting team to ensure that open positions receive adequate coverage to meet our clients' needs.
I absolutely love the personal and interpersonal aspects of keeping in touch with individuals throughout the recruiting process. Helping and learning a person’s preferences, both personally and professionally, over time helps me assist them in finding the jobs which make the most sense for them.
I graduated from The University of Akron in 2010 with a Bachelor’s degree in mass communication with a concentration on radio and TV. Prior to joining Vector Technical Inc., I spent time working as a radio personality/intern for Q104’s morning show, Fee’s Kompany in the Morning. From there, I spent a season working as an in-arena host for the Lake Erie Monsters (Cleveland Hockey Team). In 2013, I had the opportunity to work for WHNT News 19 in Huntsville, Alabama (Fox 8 Sister Station) as an interactive content reporter/producer.
Outside the office, I enjoy cooking, traveling, running, photography, crafting, concerts, and spending time with my family and friends.