Working Shift Lead
Walton Hills, OH 44146 US
Vector Technical has partnered with one of the leading manufactures of a broad range of PVC sheets from the highest quality resin compounds, and they are looking for a Working Shift Lead/Supervisor to join their team!
$25 - $27/hr., D.O.E.
Direct-Hire is a possibility, based on experience!
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Organize and delegate tasks to employees once trained on our equipment and procedures
- Ensure that extruders are running optimal and product is up to quality standards
- Participate in start up and tear down of the machines
- Organize and communicate between departments
- Ensure that personnel are working efficiently and effectively through follow-up and training
- Shop organization to ensure the flow of production and machine preparedness
- Training of personal
- Recording of shop logs and personnel information
- Training will include other duties on the production floor to help understand all positions and processes.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
Skills and Requirements
- Experience in a lead or team management role.
- Must have leadership skills but be willing to learn/start as a machine operator. Tow motor driving experience
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to read/understand specifications.
- Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
- Manual dexterity and ability to use all hand tools in order to set up and operate extruder.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50-100 pounds. (Over 50 lbs. with an assist).
- Frequent standing, walking and lifting.
- Follow written safety procedures
- Previous plastics experience is best for this position.
- Previous extrusion experience and knowledge of plastic sheet extrusion process a plus.
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Basic computer skills
- 2 – 5 years’ experience as a sheet extruder operator and 5 years as a supervisor in a plastics environment.
- Able to manage, motivate, train, communicate with both employees and management.
- Broad knowledge of equipment, production, material handling and quality control with safety considerations.
- Willing to work on to production lines and troubleshoot/maintain equipment.
- High school diploma/GED minimum
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development & Account Management
My name is Elaina Muenster, and I joined Vector Technical in November, 2017. Working in Business Development and Account Management, I am responsible for obtaining and maintaining new business, sourcing, attracting, and placing job candidates for open positions. My goal is to always meet clients' needs by finding candidates who match organizations' culture and open job positions. I develop strong organizational and communication skills working in the full cycle of the recruiting process, including industry research, cold calling, scheduling, networking, and developing and maintaining strong working relationships with candidates, client companies, hiring managers and human resource staff. I also lead, mentor, coach and train the recruiting team to ensure that open positions receive adequate coverage to meet our clients' needs.
I absolutely love the personal and interpersonal aspects of keeping in touch with individuals throughout the recruiting process. Helping and learning a person’s preferences, both personally and professionally, over time helps me assist them in finding the jobs which make the most sense for them.
I graduated from The University of Akron in 2010 with a Bachelor’s degree in mass communication with a concentration on radio and TV. Prior to joining Vector Technical Inc., I spent time working as a radio personality/intern for Q104’s morning show, Fee’s Kompany in the Morning. From there, I spent a season working as an in-arena host for the Lake Erie Monsters (Cleveland Hockey Team). In 2013, I had the opportunity to work for WHNT News 19 in Huntsville, Alabama (Fox 8 Sister Station) as an interactive content reporter/producer.
Outside the office, I enjoy cooking, traveling, running, photography, crafting, concerts, and spending time with my family and friends.