Working Shift Supervisor
Walton Hills, OH
Our client, one of North America's most innovative and customer focused producers of rigid and flexible vinyl and flexible TPU (polyurethane) sheet, is looking to add a WORKING SHIFT SUPERVISOR to their busy operation!!
**PLASTICS EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED**
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Organize and delegate tasks to employees.
- Ensure that extruders are running optimal and product is up to quality standards.
- Organize and communicate between departments.
- Ensure that personnel are working efficiently and effectively through follow-up and training.
- Shop organization to ensure the flow of production and machine preparedness.
- Training of personnel.
- Training will include other duties on the production floor to help understand all positions and processes.
- Recording of shop logs and personnel information.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
- High school diploma/GED minimum
- 2-5 years of experience as a sheet extruder operator and 5 years as a supervisor
- Tow motor driving experience
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to read/understand specifications
- Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
- Manual dexterity; Ability to use all hand tools in order to set up and operate extruder
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50-100 pounds. (Over 50 lbs. with an assist)
- Previous extrusion experience and knowledge of plastic sheet extrusion process a plus
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, train and communicate with both employees and management
- Broad knowledge of equipment, production, material handling and quality control with safety considerations
- Willingness to work on production lines and troubleshoot/maintain equipment
APPLY TODAY FOR THIS FANTASTIC CAREER OPPORTUNITY!!